What are the three most common indications to insert grommets?
• Repeated middle ear infection
• Acute middle ear infection not responding on proper antibiotics
• Hearing loss due to fluid in the middle ear
What are the three most common indications to remove tonsils?
• Repeated tonsil infections
• Severe snoring due to enlarged tonsils
• Bad breath due to tonsil stones
When do we remove adenoids?
• When we remove tonsils in children
• When we insert grommets for children
What is tinnitus?
Tinnitus is the sensation of hearing noises in your ears without an
outer/external source of the sound.
What are the causes for tinnitus?
The most common cause of tinnitus is damage and loss of the tiny sensory
hair cells in the cochlea of the inner ear. This tends to happen as people age,
and it can also result from prolonged exposure to excessively loud noise.
Hearing loss may coincide with tinnitus.
How does one know if you’ve got hearing loss?
Audiologists are trained to test one’s hearing in a soundproof booth. It can
distinguish between hearing loss due to an inner ear cause or a middle ear